I have found myself in a funk. Not a depressed funk. More of a “what should I do now” funk. When you are being a supportive wife it is only natural to feel this way. With no children, no job, and a certain amount of time and resources you start to see all of the possibilities or the lack there of.
So, in the next few weeks I need to strategize. I need to sit and brainstorm. What should I do next? What should I blog about? What should I invest my time in?
Have you ever experienced these times of “funk”?
Last week, I had a head of broccoli that I desperately needed to use. This is what I came up with. I am currently losing weight and skimped on the cheese because of the pastry. But, feel free to add more.
1 tsp oil
small onion, chopped
a head of broccoli, washed, cut into florets, chopped into small pieces
1/2 cup cheese, shredded
1/2 cup milk
one pie shell (I made my own. I always go for the Smitten Kitchen crust. 1 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 cup butter, water, salt. Cheaper.)
1. Preheat oven 350F/165C.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until translucent.
3. Add broccoli and saute for 5 minutes until bright in color. Season the veggies with salt and pepper. Turn heat off.
4. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and pepper.
5. Layer veggies into pie shell. Top with cheese and then pour on egg mixture.
6. Using a fork, push down cheese and veggies so they are submerged in egg.
7. Bake for 30 minutes. Use a knife to make sure the egg is fully cooked.
This was a great quiche! We ate every last piece. It was great to wake up to this in the refrigerator. Instant Breakfast!