Original Word: Not China
51st largest country in the world.
boba pearls (tapioca pearls) You can find these at Asian food markets.
simple syrup (1/2 cup hot water and 1/2 cup sugar dissolved)
1. Prepare boba pearls according to the package.
2. Tip: Use a lot of water. It will take a while for them to cook and because the pearls are made with tapioca the water will become thick.
3. Marinade the cooked pearls in the simple syrup for 10 minutes.
4. Serve up your cold tea with what ever you like. Tea, juice, milk, and the simple syrup for sweetness. It is all up to you. Chai tea would be a great choice.
These were good. In the States, there are a few boba tea shops. It is a great alternative to tea.
Original Word: Sushi
10th largest country in the world.
Gyoza (makes about 45)
3 cups flour
3/4 cups water
1 napa cabbage, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2lb/250g ground pork
2 garlic cloves, grated or minced
1 tbsp ginger, grated
2 green onions, green parts only minced
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp sugar
2 tbsp oil
1. Mix well the dough ingredients. Let rest for 10 minutes before assembling.
2. Toss the minced cabbage with the salt. Let sit for 10 minutes. Squeeze all of the water out of the cabbage.
3. Mix all of the stuffing ingredients.
4. Cut the dough into 40-45 balls. Roll dough into thin rounds.
5. Add a heaping teaspoon of mixture to the center of the rounds. Form into potstickers. This video is the best. This website is a great resource for making Asian dumplings. It has helped a lot.
6. Lay the formed potstickers on a floored tray to prevent sticking.
7. Heat a large skillet with a cover. Add half of the potstickers to the pan.
8. Add enough hot water to come to a 1/4 inch up the dumplings. Cover.
9. When the water has evaporated add 1 tbsp of oil to the pan. Shake the pan so that all of the potstickers are loose and not sticking to the pan. Cover.
10. Cook until the bottoms are browned about 3 minutes.
11. Serve with a dipping sauce.
Gyoza Dipping Sauce
white parts of the green onions, minced
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Combine and blend all of the ingredients.
These were amazing!!!!!! I will make them again. I wouldn’t change a thing. The next time I make them I would probably freeze half of the batch before cooking for another meal. We had three other guests and it was still a lot of food with a veggie noodle stir fry.
Let me know what you think!